For venue information, please click on the venue name below.
September 20, 2008 • 8:00 am – 12:15 pm
Zeum Museum • 221 4th Street at Howard • San Francisco, CA
October 11, 2008 • 8:00 am – 12:15 pm
Boston Children’s Museum • 300 Congress Street • Boston, MA
January 24, 2009 • 8:00 am – 12:15 pm
Miami Museum of Science • 3280 S. Miami Avenue • Miami, FL
This activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company and Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
• Describe the neuropharmacologic basis of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia as related to current
and novel drug therapies;
• Summarize the multi-modality approach to treating childhood and adolescent bipolar disorder
• Identify clinical treatment options for childhood and adolescent bipolar disorder taking into account
symptom presentation, presence of comorbid diagnosis, drug efficacy, adverse effects, drug-drug
interactions, and data from current clinical studies;
• Discuss the importance of proper diagnosis and treatment of early-onset schizophrenia-spectrum
• Integrate and summarize existing guidelines in optimizing pharmacotherapy, including monitoring
and treating for potential complications.